Tuesday, April 22, 2014

DIY baseball hat

{We've moved! Visit us at our new and improved blog at: Texas Craft House}

Tomorrow my kindergarten class has a field trip. Most of the day is going to be outside and it's suppose to be upper 80s for temperatures. I wanted something so my face wouldn't burn, but also cute and representative of my school.
I found a standard trucker/baseball hat for $3.30 to match my school colors and   a white paint pen for letters.  I also used a piece of chalk from my craft room to practice my letters/spacing and to trace over with my paint pen.
I think it turned out cute. In the bottom corner I put my school initials and kinder for kibdergarten.  This hat had a strap in back instead of those little snapping buttons so I also wrote my last name. I used a paper towel as support when writing. When the paint dries I'll just use a wet napkin to wipe away the chalk.
I plan on using this hat on future field trips and even field day coming up. It was easy to do and the chalking before helped me because I could  practice and erase my mistakes if needed.
Check back for more creativity soon!
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment