Friday, April 6, 2012

DIY Man Bouquet - Great gift!

Hello!

My husband is working late tonight and has been all week. I feel like I have hardly seen him! :( I wanted to do something special for him because he had been working so hard. I saw an idea on Pinterest about using tiny liquor bottles to tape onto skewers and placing into a basket. It's called, "The Man's Bouquet." Instead of flowers or roses, they get all of their favorite things. The best part about this gift is that you can personalize it to fit your husband's, dad's, brother's, friend's favorite things.

Below is a picture of my materials. I bought anormal flower pot (which my husband doesn't know yet but I will be taking back to put flowers in later, I just didn't want to get something we'd throw away after this). I also got: peanuts, grass filler, a foam disk, wooden skewers, variety of liquor bottles (small), a 5 hour energy shot, gum, beef jerky, chaptstick (my husband is obssessed), and scratch offs. I also have a picture of scrapbook paper and camo eggs in the picture but I ended up not using them. I thought it would be cute to put sweet notes or handwritten 'coupons' inside the eggs for him to open, but after putting this craft together there was no room for them.

First, I had to cut the foam disk to make it fit snuggly inside the pot. I couldn't find any that fit perfectly so I had to improvise. Don't worry to much about the looks of this part, it won't be seen. You just need it for your skewers to poke into, so just make sure it is snug.

Next I cut apart the grass and placed it inside the pot on top of the foam. You could use regular Easter grass if you were wanting to make an Easter basket for your guy. I liked the looks of this kind. I found it at Hobby Lobby.

Next, I chose my first item and used regular tape to tape the skewer to the package. I used several pieces to make sure it wouldn't unstick or lean to far to the side.

Then, I pierced the skewer with the package into the foam. Easy as that!

Here is a picture with several things already placed inside the pot. You can tape the skewers onto the packages at different heigths to create dimension. I also started to break my skewers in half and into other lengths to make some things taller or shorter than others so all the items could be seen at first glance.

Here is a close-up picture of the finished product. I love it and can't wait for my husband to see it. I played around with the skewers and where I wanted everything to go. Also keep in mind that the bottles can be heavy and need extra tape.


There is my finished product. I LOVE IT! I know he will, too. I will DEFINITELY be making this again. You could still use the eggs as I suggested above if you got a larger pot. You could find other things to put on here, too. I wanted to do golf balls since he loves to play, but never got around to getting them.


Thanks for looking at out our blog and following us!
Check back soon for more creativity. :)

Cassie

11 comments:

  1. This is so awesome!! I'm going to make this for my boyfriends bday tomorrow! Thanks for this post

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I'm making one for my husband for when he gets home from his deployment later this month! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did he like it?! What did you use on yours? :) Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. About how much did it cost you to make this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. :)! Planning on a girl version soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It cost around $40 dollars. It all depends on the amount of the scratch offs, the price of the cigars (which can vary) and the brand of the liquor bottles. Name brand can get pricier but you can make it cheaper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. im gonna make this for valentines day and then again for my husbands bday! what would you put in the "bouquet" for valentines day?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anna :) for Valentine's Day you could add some chocolate... like Hershey kisses, maybe some small sample bottles of men cologne, or even tools... golf balls? You could go a little playful and put a blind fold and/or fuzzy handcuffs ... ;) just some ideas. Id definitely keep the liqour bottles though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the Post. Your Content was very useful. I have book marked your website for your future post. You can also see our website for Mens Gift Baskets for special occasions

    ReplyDelete