Friday, March 15, 2013

DIY Easter Wreath

{We've moved! Visit us at our new and improved blog at: Texas Craft House}


Happy Friday,

As you know I have been obsessed with wreaths lately. I loved my St. Patrick's Day Wreath I did not too long ago but it's already time to put up an Easter one.

I purchased a twig wreath at Hobby Lobby for $4.99 and used a 40% off coupon via their store app.


 I also used Spanish moss. I had PLENTY moss left over from my moss ball craft so I didn't have to buy any.


I bought a pack of Easter eggs. They had lots of colors and sizes to choose from. At Hobby Lobby all of the Easter crafts were 50% off. :) This bag was only .50!


To start, squeeze hot glue onto the wreath in small sections.


 Then top with moss. I had to use scissors to cut apart sections of moss so it was easier to work with. 


I just went around the front, I didn't worry about covering the back.



Then I cut twine into 3 strips.


 And hot glued the tips to the top of the eggs. Make sure these are completely dry before working with them.


Next I hot glued the strings, at different lengths, to the back of the wreath. If I had any extra string hanging off I just cut it. Again, make sure it is completely dry before moving the wreath around.


Then I had some extra burlap ribbon. It was really wide so I cut it in half.


Then I tied it into a bow. I used the same method as tying a shoe. :)


 And here is the finished wreath!


I like that it is really simple.


Here is another variation.


I love it!


You could add more eggs to the middle, of different sizes, too. Or you could change up the color of the bow by getting a different ribbon. I thought about wrapping more burlap along the outside of the wreath, too. Lots of different ways you could play with this wreath or add to it. :)

I hope you enjoyed!

Check back for more creativity soon,
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment