Saturday, November 16, 2013

DIY Fall wreath with burlap and hydrangeas

{We've moved! Visit us at our new and improved blog at: Texas Craft House}

Hi! :)

I wish I had more pictures of my craft today but it is so simple you don't need step by step pictures on this one. :)

All I used was a twig wreath, orange burlap ribbon, 4 fake hydrangea flowers, twine and burlap ribbon.


I cut the stems off of the hydrangeas so the wreath would lay flush with the door. I hot glued them so they would stay in place. I then wrapped orange burlap ribbon around the other half of the wreath and secured it with hot glue as well. Then I cut 4 triangle shapes out of the burlap ribbon and folded it over a piece of twine. I used a sharpie to write the letters. Then I tied the twine to a twig on each side of the wreath so it would stay in place. That's it! It took all of 10 minutes to make this wreath.

It would be cute to change the wording in the middle of the wreath to maybe say "thankful" or "thanksgiving" there are lots of different ways to change this up. I love hydrangeas but you could really use any flower or add more. :)

Check back for more creativity soon!
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment